Jonathan's Cave, Wemyss Caves, Fife
This cave takes its name from a nail maker who lived in this cave with his family. When the Carron Iron Works opened in 1759 individual nail makers went out of business. The Cave has also been known as the Factor's Cave. There are many interesting markings in this Cave. On the upper ledges towards the back of the cave there are lines which are thought to represent Pictish Ogham Script.
There is now a grill in front of the Cave to prevent access. At this time the gate is missing and access is possible.
Information from leaflet produced by the
Save the Wemyss Ancient Caves Society